1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unverified]Houston Made An Offer To Milos Teodosic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, May 13, 2010.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Houston Made An Offer To Milos Teodosic
    By Dimitri

This time it was sport24.gr, that presented a rumor for Euroleague superstar Milos Teodosic. According to the Greek portal, 2 NBA teams are interested in Teodosic and they are Miami and Houston. It says that Houston took it even further and made an offer to Teodosic but it has not been put to paper.

As it so happens, he is somewhat of a “restricted free agent”. Although this terminology doesn’t actually exist in Europe the status of the Serbian player’s contract resembles very much so that of an NBA restricted free agent. If Teodosic doesn’t get an actual signed contract then Olympiakos reserves the right to activate the remainder of his contract that will give Teodosic 600,000 and 700,000 euros respectively in the next 2 seasons. On the other hand if a team makes an offer and Olympiakos don’t match it then he is free to go. As I have already mentioned, this is very unlikely but not impossible. I wouldn’t bet on it though.

http://www.hoopsnotes.com/2010/05/houston-made-an-offer-to-milos-teodosic/

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

3. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Not to give you a hard time, but I can't follow the bolded part. What is unlikely but not impossible? That they wouldn't match, or that it wouldn't be made?

4. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

how the hell is he a superstar in Europe?? He's only averaging about 10 ppg and the rest of the stats seem sub par.

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

He is the 2010 Euroleague MVP.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

OH NOES HE DOES NOT WIN IN FANTASY BAAAAALLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/best-euroleague-basketball-players-of-2010

7. Zfan

Zfan Member

Just one silly question. Acquire him not through draft? Is it possible to get a young international prospect out of the draft?

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I also doubt his "superstar" status. He would have been drafted years ago.

could Morey be making a play at collecting another asset? I think so.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i would think he'd be free to sign as long as he's of proper age....perhaps Houston figured it could convince him he'll get more money/years/security i he signs now...

1 person likes this.
  10. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

DA or another Scola?

Can't we just focus on getting veterans who can help our young guys?

11. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

12. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Spanoulis's younger brother? Pass

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

you cant be drafted if you dont enter the draft...and it said he broke out this year...so he hasnt been a superstar long..

14. abc2007

abc2007 Member

He is a PG. I am wondering whether the rockets will resign Lowry if they can somewhat acquire Teodosic.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8RYOHDcZIaA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8RYOHDcZIaA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MgTZlrogzZ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MgTZlrogzZ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Milos-Teodosic-266/playerblog/

Interesting. A couple things sticks out for me:

1. He's got good size for a PG (6'5")

2. He shoots a good percentage from the field and from 3.

3. His apg (5.0 per during euroleague play) and ast/to (2.5 to 1) is pretty good. And assists are notoriously harder to come by in Europe.

How it works is that for international players, you can either enter the draft earlier or if you're 22 years old, you are automatically eligible to be drafted. If you're not drafted, then you become a free agent. That's probably what happened to this guy.

Became eligible to be drafted at age 22, didn't get drafted and is now a free agent.

1 person likes this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

well I'm sorry and you may be right but I've nevr seen a euro player at least declare himself in the draft that had some upside.

even Scubs alow thier names entered. I may be wrong.

18. cxwcxw

cxwcxw Contributing Member

Do not trust the Greek media. This reminded me the rumor about Bouroussis going to the spurs last year. Nothing really happened in the end. Like Jasikevicius and Spanoulis, Teodosic is your typical unathletic Euro gurad who would struggle to make a transition in the NBA. There was a reason NBA scouts were not too high on him before this season. If you want an Euro guard, Sergio Llull is a better option.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'd be more worried about Brooks being replaced than Lowry. I think it's clear they're shaping a team around Yao still, or possibly Bosh if they can get him. Brooks is great trade bait and he'll just take touches away from others. They're going to lose him eventually because they're not going to pay him what he deserves to be in a limited role next to the other guys. I think they want to include brooks in a trade, give lowry the starting job and have a big pg off with a stroke off the bench.

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

What does this mean for Llull's future as a Rocket? Has Morey given up on Llull being a contributing player?

Rockets are 0-2 on euro pgs.