1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unverified]Houston Made An Offer To Milos Teodosic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, May 13, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If you want to talk about Teodosic, make a thread about him as a possible target.

But quoting a made up source and saying "An offer was made" is sort of gullible.

That guy is a certifiable idiot, he runs around the web making stuff up.....a lot about the Rockets to see if it gets picked up here....since Clutch rightfully banned his ass long ago....

DD

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

3. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Actually, that's your speculation! The rockets organization never denied this...

4. DaDakota

Yeah.....uh - huh......

Of course they were never asked....either ....lol....since it was made up garbage.

Don't be one of KBP's trolls who run around after the guy trying to add credibilty to the discussion.

If you want to talk about Teodosic, ask if the team might have interest in him.....

But quoting an obviously bull**** sports blog is not really the way to go about it.

DD

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I don't care about KBP. All I care about is Teodosic. You don't have an evidence of that the news was actually made by KBP.

This is just like those Melo threads. It doesn't matter who said Melo wanted to be a rocket... The point is that the rockets fans want Melo!

6. DaDakota

Just as you have no evidence that the Rockets made an offer or were interested.

A made up sports blog is not evidence.

Are you daft?

This is not a bunch of Rockets fans saying they want Teodosic, or anyone saying they even have interst......this is you quoting a bogus 100% craptastic made up sports blog as some sort of evidence that the Rockets had any interest.

Right now, it is 100% speculation...nothing more, nothing less....

The Rockets never made an offer, they never signed the guy, now if you want to talk about him in general...than put it in the proper forum....

The GARM is about the Rockets....this guy was never a Rocket, never offered a deal, and never should be in this forum.

Do I know it is KBP? No, but it has all the earmarks of it.

The Rockets would have no room for the guy, maybe if they actually liked him, we would hear about it from a credible source...eh?

DD

7. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Do you feel Teodosic is a threat to Brooks? I do think he is better than Brooks.

8. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

DD, since this is the only existing Milos Teodosic thread, why don't we just continue on with a discussion of the possibility of adding him?

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I highly doubt that Teodosic will be a Rocket next year. The money simply doesn't work.

With Brad Miller making $4.4M next season, that only leaves $1.365M of the MLE available to sign Teodosic. The Rockets also still have their Bi-Annual Exception, equal to $2.08M. But coming off a Euroleague MVP season, I don't think Teodosic would be willing to sign for so little.

There's also that little issue of him not wanting to go from league MVP to third-string PG on an NBA team.

Nice young player. But not a good fit (or a realistic possibility) for next season.

9. DaDakota

Really? Ok, how do you figure that?

And no, I don't think he is a threat, I do like him but until he plays in the NBA against NBA talent, he is just a decent Euro PG.

I liked VSpan, but now that he is 27 and has shown ZERO growth as a player, in fact I think he is the same now as he was as a roookie.

I wanted JVG to play him to see if he could develop, but instead, he want back to Greece, took the easy way out and played against much lessor talent so that he could dominate, or play well.

He never developed.

The same can be said of Teodosic, either he comes to the NBA and develops against true world class athletes, or he stays in Europe, is treated like a Rock Star, makes good money and peaks out at about the level of an end of the rotation NBA player.

Right now, that is where he is.....does he have the mindset and game to challenge the best? No one knows, but at 23, he better hurry up and get over to the NBA, before his game turns from grape to raisin as VSpan's did.

We could but to consider it an actual interest when it is no different than you or I posting a blog and making something up would be doing this place a disservice.

DD

10. diegot143

diegot143 Member

i like this i like this... i saw him and i was amazed by the tenacity. Spanoulis was passive. this guy will take your lunch money.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yeah, those unmotivated asses who stay in Europe past the age of 23 turn into raisin for sure!

[​IMG]

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

They really do.

[​IMG]

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Am I missing something about Courtney Lee? Is he out for the season?

This Milos speculation (and I agree with DD about the possible source of this rumor) doesn't make much sense to me, based on our roster.

But I did love the opportunity for both Seinfeld references and my other moniker, SamFisher, to make Greece jokes.

14. DaDakota

I said, he better hurry up and get over here, Scola is more the exception than the rule....CH, and you know it.

And he is South American........ROFLMAO...

DD

15. trugoy

trugoy Member

offensively, this guy is way better than rubio already, can shoot it lights out, can run half court sets very well, court vision is excellent.

Offensively he is an elite talent, probably starting NBA material already. Probably has Steve Nash ceiling if he develops.

The problem with him is work ethic and defense, he can play ok defense if he tries, problem is that he is lazy on defense, and looking at his physique, he is not really putting in effort in terms of conditioning.

Watching him on the court, reminds me of tmac, in that he is often the most talented player on the court and makes everything look easy, but it doesn't seem he is going 100%, seems kinda lazy.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

BimaThug wrote that in May.

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Dude, that post you're quoting was made BEFORE the Ariza-for-Lee trade. I think (without looking) that it was also made before we knew Brad Miller's salary.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

LOL! ahahaha. Sorry. I would edit it, but will preserve it for further proof of my idiocy. :grin: (as if we needed that)

19. Laozi

Laozi Member

Reminds me a bit of what the Rockets where trying to get in the Barry signings, a player who really isn't up to snuff athletically but has some ball skills and a jumper, someone who can help with spacing and can direct some traffic, especially on the break. It looks like he's a wing in the NBA when you can find the right matchup. If theres anything to the article, more of a luxury signing for the Rockets, he's likely really have to fight for playing time. Minutes with the Heat seem more likely, plus theres the immediate Toni Kukoc comparison. :eek:

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So are Sabonis, Garbajosa, Anthony Parker, Oberto, etc.? And I am sure the Suns and the Raptors just signed a couple of raisins in Childress and Kleiza since they were in Europe past age 23. Guys who can play and grow will do so wheter in Europe or in the U.S. Europe didn't cause your boy Spanoulis to stagnate, Spanoulis never had it in him and the coaching staff knew it.

So, South Americans who play in Europe past age 23 don't turn into raisin while Europeans who do the same do turn into raisin. Is that your point? Is that what causes you to ROFLMAO?