1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unverified]Houston Made An Offer To Milos Teodosic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, May 13, 2010.

1. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

I think Morey is an asset collector. He finds value in players and even if he doesnt have a clear path forward he still makes a move to give him more options to play with.

Morey is Very smart, We (the Rockets) are in safe hands.

2. sime0n

sime0n Member

Wow that'd be sick if we could sign a 23 yo euroleague MVP

3. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

SOunds good to me

4. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

List of past Euroleague MVPs. Ages are estimated.

* 2004-05 United States Anthony Parker (Maccabi) - age 29
    * 2005-06 United States Anthony Parker (Maccabi) - age 30
    * 2006-07 Greece Theo Papaloukas (CSKA) - age 30
    * 2007-08 Lithuania Ramūnas Šiškauskas (CSKA) - age 29
    * 2008-09 Spain Juan Carlos Navarro (Barcelona) - age 28
    * 2009-10 Serbia Miloš Teodosić (Olympiacos) - age 23

A 23 year old winning the Euroleague MVP is incredible. This guy could be a keeper.

5. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

Rubio eat your heart out! Teodosic > Rubio. Rubio better win the Euroleague MVP before he comes or else we don't want him! He's got 3 years to do it.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I just read on sportime24.gr that Morey made an offer to a hunk of Feta, payable in Neo-drachmas, to be issued by the Greek Central Bank in 2012 after they go off the Euro.

Apparently he is hoping that it really stinks by then so as to maximize value.

DEVELOPING >>>>>>>

7. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I'm almost positive that in order to play for the NBA, you have to declare for and take part in the next draft, even as a European or other international player. If you go undrafted you are a FA and can sign with whoever you want, but if you get drafted, your rights are locked with that team unless you are traded or they expire.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What? you don't trust sporttime24.gr - they discovered a loophole in the CBA that was written on a stone tablet found in the ruins of an ancient athenian barn.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Repped.

Totally agree, the only way to stop Brooks now is to trap him or collapse on him when he blows by his defender every time. If you sag off he can nail a jumper from any range. And now he is hitting clutch shots as well, the guy is fearless.

When we have guys like Yao/Scola/Martin and maybe Bosh surrounding him, he will make defenses pay. Two seasons ago he struggled when defenders collapsed on him in the lane, he would get trapped under the rim or trip over himself and lose the ball. This season he is much better at moving in traffic and kicking it out to the open man. And the scary thing is he is still improving.

We would be crazy to give up a matchup nightmare like Brooks, especially when you can combine him with a matchup nightmare like Yao.

10. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I am wondering whether the rockets still go after Teodosic. I am so impressed by him in the FIBA world championship. He is better than Rubio.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

He was crowned the 2010 Euroleague MVP. If the MVP isn't a superstar nobody in the euroleague deserves to be called a superstar.

Also entering the draft is different from being drafted. Teodosic isn't a young rookie, he's already in his prime ala Scola. He probably flew under the radar which is why nobody bothered drafting him.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok so apparently Teodosic is only 23 years old, thought he was already 28 like Scola lol. Still considering how he only became famous recently and how his stats are pathetic its entirely possible he was overlooked until now.

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

one ugly mofo

[​IMG]

14. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

who knows..if Brooks is traded, i want us to go for this guy..pure clutch player.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

10 ppg, 54% from 2, 38% from 3, 83% FT, 2.3 FTA per game, 2.6 rebounds, 4.3 assists. This is all in 26.6 minutes per game. His Euro league numbers are even better than these. I'm not saying they're great, but an assist is harder to get in world league plays. He looks to be a pretty good playmaker.

16. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

Illuminati

1 person likes this.
  17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Either that or it's a gay signal for backdoor.

18. lionaire

lionaire Member

This.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There was no offer, this is all made up BS....probably from the same moron known as Kill Bill Pana who runs around making crap up to see if it gets picked up by media....

Nothing to see here, move along.

DD

1 person likes this.
  20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

That's not the point. Anyway, this is an old news. The point is that Teodosic is a great player. Acutually, I think he is a basketball artist. I hope the rockets can go after him.